Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Love it's a beautiful thing!

So just a disclaimer to anyone who hates love or anything mushy, gushy. Today's post is going to be pretty much love infested! If you follow me on Facebook then you probably already know that today is my two year anniversary with my fiance Colt. A lot of people ask about how Colt and I met, and honestly ya'll it was God's perfect timing. So let's travel back to 2011 shall we and I will tell you all how my fairy tale began.

 I was 24 and well I had basically given up on love. I was to the point where I was honestly content with not getting married. I thought to myself I will never truly be alone. I have nieces and nephews I can spoil, I will get a couple dogs, have a cute house with an awesome closet, and just travel. But ya'll just when I thought I had everything planned out BOOM God threw me a curve ball. It was your normal Tuesday. I got up, went to work, and ran errand for my Best Friend Kortnie on my lunch. So on my lunch I headed to Arvest Bank to purchase a ticket for a concert that was taking place that Friday. So I walk into Arvest and had an absolute clueless look on my face. I head up to the teller line and this tall and handsome man behind the counter says I can help you here! So I tell tell him that I need a ticket and he asked if I had an account there. I immediately got nervous because well I don't bank with Arvest and I was afraid you would have to be a member to buy a ticket. The handsome man then tells me "I don't know why I asked you that you don't need an account to buy a ticket." I bought my ticket and left. I do have to admit while he was waiting on me I was checking to make sure no wedding ring and I made sure I looked at his name tag. There was no ring but I figured he is way to cute to not be taken. So when I went home that night I looked him up through a facebook friend that I saw working at the same branch that day. I found Coltney Race Shibley and added him as a friend. Well Colt accepted my friend request and well the rest is history ya'll! 

A question I love people asking me is "when did you know Colt was the one?" Honestly I kinda always knew. Our relationship was effortless, drama free, and for the first time I felt like I could be myself and not what someone wanted me to be. Plus I always said that my nieces and nephews would be the ultimate test of how I would know if I had found "the one". Well Colt and my nieces and nephews hit it off instantly and at that moment I knew he was it for me! 

Is our relationship perfect? ABSOLUTELY NOT! No relationship is perfect! Is our relationship real, based on respect, built on a strong foundation of friendship? Absolutely YES! Colt and I have developed a strong foundation over the last two years and well I know that our marriage will be strong. So today I dedicate this post to my Best Friend and my true love Coltney Race Shibley! Colt you make me a better woman everyday and I could not thank you enough for loving me for who I really am! 

Until next time friends have a blessed day! 

Allyce


No comments:

Post a Comment